Thank you for considering St John College as your next place of study. We are a college with a strong academic reputation, but we also provide many opportunities for extra-curricular activity and expression. We are confident you will enjoy your time with the St John family.
- See subjects & subject combinations offered here
- Admission process may be completed online, or forms may be collected from the college office.
- Application form must be filled in completely. Furnishing any wrong or misleading information in the application form will be summarily rejected. Discrepancies, if detected even after admission, shall result in the applicant’s admission being cancelled forthwith without any refund of fees whatsoever.
- Opening of admissions will be announced in the local press.
- The applicant must satisfy all eligibility criteria laid down by the University or college.
- Students applying for honours programmes must secure pass mark of 45% required in their subject. Boys in Arts stream must secure 50%, or 55% for English and Political Science.
- Safe, clean and secure AC Hostel accommodation available on campus. Hostellers benefit from late library access, serene study space and excellent food.
- College is co-ed., admissions open to boys and girls in all subjects. Currently college hostel only open to girls.
Decision of the college regarding admission shall be final
A Student may withdraw admission from the college but admission fees of any kind shall not be refunded except the refundable fees deposited at the time of admission. Students withdrawing within one month of admission will not be charged additional college fees, otherwise college fees for the semester should be paid in full.
Important dates and guidelines
The College academic year begins in May and ends in April.
Required Documents for Admission
The application form must be accompanied with attested copies of the following certificates:
1. Character/Testimonial certificate from the institution last attended.
- Conduct / Character Certificate (1 copy)
2. Attested photocopies of Admit Cards, Mark sheets, and Pass/Provisional certificates from Matriculation onward.
List of attested photo copies to be enclosed:
- HSLC Admit Card (2 copies)
- HSLC Mark sheet (2 copies)
- HSSLC Certificate (2 copies)
- Admit Card (2 copies)
- Mark sheet (2 copies)
- Transfer Certificate (1 copy)
3. Migration certificate in case of migrated student.
4. Registration Card in original from NBSE.
5. Four recent passport size photographs.
6. Applicants belonging to Scheduled Tribe/Caste/OBC should attach an official copy to the effect
- S.T./ Caste/OBC Certificate (1 copy)
- Indigenous Certificate (1 copy)
* Original certificates should be produced during admission for verification. Due to prevailing situation with COVID-19pandemic students may take admission without all of the above but must provide documentation prior to Nagaland University Enrolment.
Getting financial aid
Temsurenla Academic Excellence Fund
Full Scholarship for all Class XII toppers (Top 10 rank holders).
50% off Admission fees (every semester) to students scoring average 80% above in Class XII.
All eligible students may apply.